Baby Led Weaning Banana, Apple & Cinnamon Muffins
We go through a tonne of Ella’s Kitchen and Organix snacks in our house, whilst very good, the cost does add up when you are liberally dishing them out as bribery! I stumbled on a Skinny Chocolate Fudge Muffin, which could easily be adapted for baby led weaning!
- 3 x tbls diary free spread (or butter)
- 0.5 cup apple sauce
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup flour
- beaten egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp baking soda
- Heat the oven to 190
- Put the butter in a microwaveable bowl and ding for 30 secs – you could try and peel the bananas in that time, but I found staring into space was nice too
- Pour the butter into a large mixing bowl and break the bananas into the melted butter – now to mash the bananas, you could use a fork or a banana masher – I used the end of a rolling pin that I had mashed the apples for the sauce with earlier, save on washing up – I left the mix quite lumpy and figured as long as it looked like it would mix it would be OK
- Beat an egg in the old butter bowl, you can add your apple sauce at this point too – again save on washing up and add to the mixture
- Add flour, soda and powder – if you have a sieve you can sift it, I don’t own a sieve and if I did it would be one extra thing to wash…
- mix and spoon into cup cake cases, pop in the oven for 18 mins and stare into space some more
If you wanted to add cocoa [or cacao] it is in fact a super food according the the people over at Little Foodies, so go for it!!
If you really can’t be bothered/don’t have time to make apple sauce, you could always use a pouch of Ella’s Kitchen – The Green One, it will work just as well!