- Coconut Milk
- Lemon Grass
- Chicken thighs [or meat of your choice]
- Green Curry Paste [this is actually optional if making just for baby!]
- Oil [I’m not fussy olive, peanut, sesame]
- Rice to serve
- [Fish Sauce – for adult version]
Prep time: Sorta Lazy [15-30mins]
- Boil up your chicken and wash and cook your rice
- Go watch some TV or do some washing up for 10-15 mins
- Pull apart the chicken, it should fall off the bone
- Put a little bit of curry paste into a pan with a bit of oil [if you wish] – I use a tiny bit for XOs portion, literally a pea size amount to start getting him used to the flavour
- Add some coconut milk – roughly a tbls for a child of around 8 mos
- Stir in cooked veg, or stir fry at the is stage. I also add some ginger and lemon grass [and a bit of the water from – I keep jarred lemon grass and ginger in my fridge for flavouring XOs food
- Add the cooked meat and stir through the corriander some corriander
This is in the 15 mins category, as if you are using chicken, you do technically need to wait for the chicken to boil, and rice to cook! Otherwise, I would argue that you are looking at Super Lazy [under 5 mins] meal!!
If you are a veggie, feel free to substitute the chicken for just plain vegetables, you could always try prawns, or salmon too, we just happen to like “kaeng khiao wan gai” [literally green sweet curried chicken] in our house!
Since the point of baby led weaning is for everyone to eat the same thing, I cook XOs in the pan first, separately and then do ours afterwards, which gives it time to cool!!