Easy Hummus Fish Cakes
These really are very easy, and a favourite in our house! We don’t even bother making our own hummus, we have a turkish wholesaler on the corner that sells huge vats of the stuff!
- 1 tbls Hummus [store bought, homemade or just chickpeas]
- 1 tbls Tuna
- 1-2 tsps Flour
- Basil [or any other herb you might have to hand]
- Black Pepper
- [optional a dash of lemon juice]
- add all the ingredients to a bowl, and mix well – you can’t add too much flour, as the hummus stops taking flour when it is ‘saturated’
- spoon the mix into a warmed frying pan [you can use a drop of oil if you like] it should be the consistency of cookie dough
- turn a few times until attractive looking
This recipe is adapted from Tinned Tomatoes Chickpea and Coriander Patties.
The directions below are for 1 x baby serving – a kid’s stomach is about the same size as their fist.